Your Tribe is Here!
In the “Let’s Get Basis: Sister Circle”, we create a welcoming, judgement-free atmosphere that allows room and time for everyone to get to know and trust one another. We are all women, and in a culture of so much shame and anxiety, the last place we need is another place to hide. Here at Root To Branches, I offer many things. The biggest and best thing you can walk away with from this Circle is the things our hearts desire all day and every day: FREEDOM!
Each Session will be moderated by one Facilitator (accountable for group attendance, topic selection, welcoming and closing) and one Guardian (accountable for maintaining the pace of the meeting. There will be times when we may need to pause for reflection or even adjust the subject matter based on the needs of the group.)
Who is it for?
Women of all ages, in all stages of life, in all professions, of all races, of all backgrounds, of all faiths. In short, it’s for you!
• To share stories, experiences and feelings around a set theme
• To discuss important information about current events
• In a corporate meeting to discuss an agenda
• To discuss community needs
• To work through and resolve conflict
• We will hold stories or personal material in confidentiality.
• We listen to each other with compassion and curiosity.
• We ask for what we need and offer what we can.
• We agree to employ a group guardian to watch our needs, timing, and energy.
• We agree to pause at a signal and to call for that signal when we feel the need to pause.
• Each circle session should last anywhere from 1 to 2 hours depending on the needs of the group.
• Each session will open with a check-in from each member (introduction, perhaps why you decided to attend the group, what you hope to gain, or even updates on your life since the last session).
• This is an all-member led circle. This means that at any time, any member is the leader of the group as long as she is speaking. Depending on subject matter, the facilitator may change for depth and the sharing of experience.
• Each session will close with a check-out from each member (what you learned from the session, what you will leave the session with, or what has resonated within you from your experience).